Every year people spend a good amount of hours in the salon in hope to look good. Our crown of glory in fact plays a huge part in letting us feel good. The conditions of our tresses can also be a source of our woes. On a good hair day, my mood is usually better and my feel good factor is higher than usual. However sadly good hair day doesn’t occur everyday. Recently, Essential has relaunched its Leave In Treatment range with the brand new CC Oil and Night Care Milk to protect and aid in making our hair more manageable.
Due to our lifestyles, we might be subjecting our hair to many different types of detrimental conditions. While we may know that heat styling, perming and dyeing can damage our hair, there are external environmental factors and daily habits that can add on stress to our hair and impact its health and appearance. Some of the stresses are as follow –
1. Blow drying: The process of blow-drying our hair actually removes moisture from the hair inside out. Over a period of time, this will leave the hair dry, brittle and susceptible to further damages.
2. Combing: Combing through wet hair causes great hair damage as the hair follicle is at its most fragile state. Likewise, the friction caused by combing through dry hair can form hair knots which makes hair prone to unnecessary breakages.
3. Split Ends: The hair ends are the oldest and driest parts of our hair. When the protective hair cuticles are destroyed at the ends, the hair splits into two or more parts.
4. Hair Breakage: Besides daily heat styling, blow drying and combing, other seemingly harmless actions like tying our hair into a tight ponytail or twirling our hair with our fingers exert excessive stress on our hair which would result in hair breakages.
5. Dryness: Prolong exposure to the sun, wind or even air-conditioning can result in hair dryness. The hair cuticle that protects the hair is weakened and is unable to retain moisture.
When we sleep at night, the toss and turn during the night causes friction between the hair and the pillow which in turn caused misaligned cuticles. Thus resulting in the fabulous lion’s mane the next morning. Usually by washing our hair, our hair will be back to “normal”. However for many city dwellers, sleep is a luxury. Hence there is always a constant struggle to wake up early to wash and blow dry their hair in the morning before going to work, many prefer to sleep a bit more.
Essential Night Care Milk (Retail Price: S$11.90) is developed to protect the hair from pillow friction by simply applying a small amount onto the hair before going to bed. To be frank, I am pretty amazed by the result. Never did I thought that a simple step before sleep can save me so much hassle in the morning. In fact, I can stumble out of bed looking good. There is no need to wash my hair in the morning and together with the CC oil, my hair is now smoother and more manageable.